What a great time we all had at my granddaughter Sarah Donnelly’s graduation from Virginia Tech! The after-graduation party at my daughter Mary’s lake house was a good, warm time for everybody. We all enjoyed Mary’s hospitality.
It was a hot Friday at Virginia Tech’s graduation. L. to R. my son-in-law Kerry Donnelly, my grandson Sean Donnelly, me, and my granddaughter Kate Donnelly.
Sarah graduated Summa Cum Laud from VT and will be going to Grad School at Columbia University in the fall. At least she'll be close to her Uncle Chris.
I spent my 80th birthday Monday with my children and was treated to a wonderful restaurant outside of Blacksburg. I’ve never tasted better food—except, of course, my son John’s. Many thanks for all the lovely birthday cards and well-wishes!
Standing outside of the Palisades Restaurant in Eggleston near Blacksburg on my birthday. L. to R.: my grandson Sean, my daughter Mary, my daughter Ginny, me, and my son Chris.
I’m looking forward to a very busy week, starting Wednesday afternoon with an art exhibit at HopeTree Family Services in Salem, Virginia, and ending with a Dinner Dance/Birthday Party Saturday night during our Collectors’ Convention at The Hotel Roanoke. Everybody is welcome to come!
To All Cruise Participants:
If you have not yet selected your shore excursions, I have some information about excursions in Greece from my neighbor who is a native of Greece. He has reviewed the various options that are offered and recommends the following:
a. 7/26/13: Santorini
- The Best of Santorini (walking tour) (6½ hours)
- Island Drive (motorcoach tour) (3 hours)
- Ancient Akrotiri & Santorini Island (motorcoach & walking) (4 hours)
b. 7/28/13: Mykonos
- Best of Delos & Mykonos (driving & walking tour) (7 hours)
- Mykonos Town & Island Drive (driving & walking tour) (3 hours)
- Mykonos Beach Getaway (4 hours)
c. 7/29/13: Athens (Piraeus)
- Acropolis, Plaka & Temple of Poseidon (walking tour) (9 hours)
- Acropolis, Acropolis Museum & Plaka (driving & walking tour) (8 hours)
- City Drive & Old Olympic Stadium (motorcoach tour) (3½ hours)
City Drive & Acropolis Museum (motorcoach tour) (4 hours)
- Acropolis, Ancient Agora & Temple of Olympian Zeus (walking tour) (7½ hours)
d. 7/30/13: Katakolon (Olympia)
- Olympia & Beach Getaway (walking tour) (7 hours)
- Best of Olympia (walking tour) (7 hours)
- Olympia & Archeological Museum (walking tour) (4 hours)
e. 7/31/13: Corfu
- Best of Corfu (walking tour) (7½ hours)
- Archilleion Palace, St. Spyridon Church & Corfu Town (walking tour) (4 hours)
I hope this information is helpful to you.
2013 Cruise Coordinator